miércoles, 17 de enero de 2018

MLK Day Projects

In Infantil this week, the kids learned about peace and colored their own peace sign for our Martin Luther King Jr. cultural project.


In 1st and 2nd grade, we talked about people we admire—our heroes. Then, we brainstormed positive words to describe our heroes. Finally, the students wrote a sentence about a hero in their life and drew a picture of that person. Check out their work below!

Students of 2A with their final projects
Many students wrote that their mums are their heroes:  
My hero is my mum because she is happy. (Mayte, 1B)
My hero is my mum because she is happy. (Luis, 1B)
My hero is my mum because she is beautiful and generous. (Asier, 1B)
My hero is my mum because she is generous. (Candela, 1B)

Other students from 1B wrote about their brothers, dads, and parents: 
My hero is my brother because he is generous. (Sergio, 1B)
My hero is my dad because he is smart. (Emilio, 1B)
My hero is my my brother because he is kind. (Sara, 1B)
My hero is my mom and dad because they are good and happy. (Sofía A., 1B)
My hero is my dad because he is intelligent, generous, funny and kind. (Marcos G., 2A)
My hero is my dad because he is generous. (Marcos H., 2A)
My hero is my dad because he is nice, intelligent and generous. (Juan Luis, 2A)
My hero is my dad because he is generous, caring and intelligent. (Leyre, 2A)
Students from 1A wrote about their aunts, uncles, and mums: 
My hero is my aunt because she is nice. (Daniela M., 1A)
My hero is my uncle because he is very very very fun. (Mario, 1A)
My hero is my mum because she plays with me. (Javi, 1A)
My hero is my mum because she is nice. (Leyre, 1A)
Sisters are great heroes, too! 
My hero is my sister because she is generous. (Noa, 1A)
My hero is my sister because she is fun. (Miranda, 1A)
My hero is my sister because she is fun. (Amanda, 1A)

Some students from 2A chose their teacher as their hero:
My hero is my teacher because she is funny, nice and intelligent. (Angela, 2A)
My hero is my teacher because she is funny and intelligent. (Rodrigo, 2A)
My hero is my teacher because she is generous and nice. (Jose, 2A)
My hero is my teacher because she is intelligent. (Marta, 2A)
My hero is my teacher because she is funny, nice and kind. (Sofia, 2A)
My hero is my teacher because she is nice, kind, funny, intelligent, caring and generous. (Angie 2A)
My hero is my teacher because she is nice, intelligent and funny. (Daniel C., 2A)
My hero is my teacher because she is nice, intelligent and caring. (Violeta, 2A)

These projects will be displayed on the wall outside of Amelia's classroom (2A).