jueves, 2 de noviembre de 2017

New Language Assistants at Colegio Torrente Ballester!

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the new school year! My name is Laura and I am one of the three new language assistants that will be working at Colegio Torrente Ballester for the 2017-2018 academic year. We are all very excited to be teaching English here, while also spending time learning the Spanish language and experiencing the culture. To start, here's a little bit of information about us assistants:

Melissa ("Meli")
Hi, I'm Melissa from Texas, where we love football and bbq, most people just call me Meli. I am now a second year Auxiliar de Conversacion in Spain, and am excited to be at Torrente Ballester this year. In my free time, I really enjoy reading, travelling and dancing. After living and working in Spain for a year, I am obsessed with tortilla and calamares. I look forward to spending the next year teaching and working with my students at Torrente Ballester.

Jason
Hi, I'm Jason! I grew up in Stamford, Connecticut, a small city in New England just a short train from New York City. The last four years I lived in Boston, Massachusetts while attending Tufts University as a student of international relations. In my free time I like to read, walk my dogs, and hang out with my friends. This is my first time in Spain and I am very excited to explore Madrid, eat lots of tortilla, learn more about Spanish culture, and be spending the year at Torrente Ballester.

Laura
Hi there, I'm Laura! I'm from the state of Minnesota, which is a U.S. state located by Canada. I came to Spain about two months ago because I wanted to continue teaching English and practicing my Spanish. I love Minnesota, but I also love traveling and living abroad! I previously lived and taught English in Mexico and Colombia for two years. (If you hear me speak Spanish, don't be surprised if an "órale" or a "qué chévere" comes out! In the meantime, I'm trying to learn Spain Spanish)! In my free time, I like to bake desserts, run (so I can eat more desserts), read novels, go hiking and camping, and spend time with friends. I'm excited to spend the year at Colegio Torrente Ballester.

If you see us around the school, feel free to say "hi"!

All the best,
Laura